may have FREEDOM of choice, but NO one can escape the CONSEQUENSES of their
choice!"- Ruth Elliott
From the "Please don't do this" Department: I found this essay a long time ago - If anyone knows who wrote it, let me know! I'd love to give them credit!
"HOW TO RAISE A CROOK"
1. Begin from infancy to give the child everything he wants. This way he will grow up to believe that the world owes him a living.
2. When he picks up bad words, laugh at him. It will encourage him to pick up "cuter' phrases that will blow the top off your head later.
3. Never give him any spiritual training. Wait until he is twentyone and then let him decide for himself.
4. Avoid the use of the word "wrong". It may develop a guilt complex. This will condition him to believe when he is arrested for stealing a car that society is against him and he is being persecuted.
5. Pick up anything he leaves lying around--books, shoes, clothing. Do everything for him so he will be experienced in throwing responsibilities onto others.
6. Let him read any printed matter he can get his hands on. Be careful the silverware and drinking glasses are sterilized, but let his mind feed on garbage.
7. Quarrel frequently in the presence of children. They won't be too shocked when the home is broken up.
8. Give the child all the spending money he wants. Never let him earn his own. Why should he have things as tough as you had them?
9. Satisfy his every craving for food, drink, and comfort. See that every desire is gratified. Denial may lead to harmful frustrations.
10. Take his part against neighbors, teachers and policemen. They are all prejudiced against your child.
11. When he gets into trouble, apologize for yourselves saying, "I never could do anything with him."
12. Prepare for a life of grief......you will have it.
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it... Proverb 22:6
If you don't want this to happen to YOUR child, check my section on getting a plan for discipline here!
Are You concerned about children's character? YOU SHOULD BE! We are too!
There's something you can do to help. Please visit Edu Designs to find out more:
"THE WAY YOU FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF IS BOTH YOUR PUNISHMENT AND YOUR REWARD. YOUR JOB IS TO BECOME THE KIND OF PERSON YOU CAN LOVE!"
Terms and Conditions
GOMOMMYGO Site Search by
Proper acreditation is given to any author quoted that I can identify. Where possible, permission has been obtained. All other works included in this section are thought to be in the public domain. The use of any work that is still protected by copyrights without permission is purely an oversight and unintentional. Owners of such copyrights or heirs of the authors who have legal interests in any of these works are asked to contact us so that permission can be obtained.
advice and information expressed here represent personal opinion only, and
are not meant to substitute for professional advice.
Entire Contents of this site, and the name, GOMOMMYGO ©Ruth Elliott , 2003-10, unless otherwise noted